Monday, October 4, 2010

the nook

I hate taking photos at night but I did it anyway. Look! A space without boxes! Hurrah - it is our kitchen nook. I'm so relieved this table fits in this space. It isn't perfect, but what is... And our Stendig calendar seems to make sense on this wall which is good because I think it belongs in close proximity to the table.

I need to figure out what chairs would suit the table and the space. I've been wrestling with this for a long time now and I've just decided that when our 13-month-old is out of her high chair, it is officially time for new chairs. These chairs that we have are 10 years old and were 20 bucks each at Ikea. They've served us pretty well although the seats are breaking and the frames are Gorilla-Glued together.

I've had my eye on a few chairs at West Elm:


There must be something in the curve of the table that is leading me to these curvy-backed chairs. I'm leading towards the second chair in chocolate, but the website is no longer selling them individually which makes me think they might be getting rid of them. D'oh.

1 comment:

  1. I vote for the white one in the middle. Just weighing in...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...