Monday, October 25, 2010

primed

Here is a terrible photo of the primed foyer. I took a couple of better photos (I swear!) but I can't get them to work on this computer. I also don't have Photoshop on this computer which contributes to the ugliness.

You may remember this foyer in its prior knotty pine splendor. I'll post a pic for old time's sake:

That photo is from one of our initial walkthroughs, so that isn't our stuff. But anyway, there's all kinds of wrong with that paneling. It is as though you are viewing the front hall from another person's house.

So here is the foyer now with the primer:


Yay! I think it is a million times better already. It is quite stark in its primer-ness but I think that it will look great in BM Woodlawn Blue. I am going to let it sit for a while to make absolutely sure the knots don't bleed through the primer, Zinsser BIN -- which, by the way, is just a beast. We had the room quite well ventilated and it still felt like I had done a couple shots of shellac by the time we were done. blech.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's great! It's pretty gross as pine (I see what you mean that it looks like a different house!) But I LOVE it painted. And a blue will be great.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...