Tuesday, November 23, 2010

cashmere gray

Well, I went back to Benjamin Moore and told them that my paint sample didn't match the color of the chip. They put a dab of the sample paint onto the chip and once it dried, you could see that the two didn't quite match. It wasn't a big difference, but I knew there was a reason that the Cashmere Gray was looking a bit sky blue on our walls.

And then this was a bit strange... there was a pro painter there buying a singular can of paint. Benjamin Moore has about five million different colors, but this painter's can of paint was also Cashmere Gray. So the woman helping me took a dab of paint from his can and put it on the chip. The paint was a match. I went ahead and got a gallon.


Thanks to my baby's super long nap yesterday, I was able to paint walls around the bay window in the dining room. As I was painting my thought process went something along the lines of:
"I just love this."
"Gray? What was I thinking."
"This is really fresh and pretty."
"Crap. Gray is so trendy."
"I really think this will look great."

Well, I do think that it will look great and hopefully I'll be able to get some more painting done soon. This room is quite large, so it might take a while.

2 comments:

  1. Your husband's cousin, and my old internet friend,Les sent me over here because we are doing some painting around here ourselves. Well, to be strictly honest, my husband Tom is doing some painting. I mostly pick out the colors. :<) I didn't know gray was trendy. I thought it was rare and unusual. I want to paint our hall walls gray with bright white casements. Our outside door is what we call Tomie de Paola colors - turquoise and purple, and I thought entering a gray hall after those colors would be perfect. Plus the outside door is open all summer so the colors show inside, and the gray will show them off. We (oops, Tom) just painted our study over Thanksgiving. I'll be posting photos sometime soon. Anyhow, I am SO enjoying your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Nan! I've read in several places that gray is "trendy" right now, but I don't know what that really means. It is so neutral so I don't think that anyone will look at a gray room in 10 years and say, "How 2010!" I think your idea sounds great. Gray really looks wonderful with bright white trim. I will check out your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...