Friday, November 5, 2010

Color

So I've been thinking that it would be a good idea to paint the large expanse that is the living room/dining room. Not a good idea in a "fun times" kind of way, but good in the sense that it would be better to do it before we anchor our humongous Expedit shelving unit to the wall and we should really do that soon.

As mentioned before, our entire home is painted a cream color. Pleasant enough, but way, way, way too much of it. Something about this cream color has paralyzed the paint-picking part of my brain and I'm feeling a bit at a loss.

I'm thinking a gray... but lately I've been wondering if I've stumbled into neutral territory where only the grayest of colors make me happy. Everything else scares me.


I posted this photo previously, and it is the only photo I have on hand which shows the living room. It also shows both the white trim around the windows as well as the natural wood baseboards. Something about those baseboards are throwing me off (but I will not be painting them).

At the moment, I'm considering Benjamin Moore (of course) Ashley Gray, Edgecomb Gray, or Revere Pewter. Ashley Gray is my most daring selection. It is fairly dark. I just worry about it with those baseboards. sigh.

1 comment:

  1. I think we are also in a cream-induced daze when it comes to picking new colors. (In our case, it's actually a beige, which the PO's proudly told us was called "Mushroom Bisque" - like, GAG.) Every time someone paints something a color I like, I think, Dang! How'd you do that? The hard part is that you literally don't know until you get it up there. Blarg.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...