Monday, November 8, 2010

Living room paint

Saturday afternoon we went to Benjamin Moore and picked up handfuls of swatches. I was very, very grabby. When we got home, one swatch miraculously stood out from the others: Nantucket Gray. It is a greenish gray from Ben Moore's historic collection, and I'm pretty stoked about it. I even picked up a little sample jar from Ace Hardware on Sunday. (I always forget Ace sells Ben Moore paints.)



Not the greatest photos, and I think this is one of those chameleon colors that really changes depending on the light (I think all grays are probably like this). Anyway, I like it, and I think it looks nice with the existing cream, which will be in two adjoining rooms. I'm leaning towards Wethersfield Moss (darker and greener) for the mud room.

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty color -- I think it'll go well with both the natural stained wood and the white painted trim. Interesting that someone chose to paint only the trim around the windows.. Maybe they got discouraged by the amount of work and figured good enough?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! It is one of those many old house mysteries that you wish you could find out the answer to (but likely never will)...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...