Wednesday, November 17, 2010

pretty house

I'm mostly just reposting these photos for my own archiving. I saw this house over at Design*Sponge and I should just cry over the loveliness. The house is owned by a husband/wife designer duo from Brooklyn. It has great bones, which helps, but their use of color is just wonderful.

I've totally changed my mind about the living room/dining room paint color that I had selected. I was feeling really great about Nantucket Gray which is a decidedly muddy color. I worry that it will be too gloomy and drab which I definitely do not want. Anyway, there's been much more hemming and hawing over colors and much rifling through my Benjamin Moore color swatches. I'll post more on this and my (hopefully) decision soon, but my color crisis caused me to look through design blogs such as D*S and take note of what really catches my eye. It turned out to be spaces like this one - light, airy, with cleaner colors. A successful mix of old and new.


 They say that this paint color is Wedgewood Gray.

 I would just love to know what this paint color is. I want to live here.

Wouldn't you just die for a nook like that?

4 comments:

  1. I want that little nook for reading. i also love gray couches. i am tempted to buy that gray chair from target that you got.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should get it! We've been enjoying it -- nobody has slept on it though. I don't think it would be very comfy. But it is there in a pinch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, a peachy nook with secret shelves. i already have cats to put in it! hi dulcie, i'm enjoying reading about your cute new house..
    emma gilbert

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Emma! I'm so glad you stopped by!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...