Friday, December 10, 2010

galette

Remember when I used to have posts about food? You don't? That's okay. Just the fact that you are here, spending a minute reading this blog, means you are forgiven. 

Once upon a time, I thought I'd devote a good portion of these posts to food, but as it turns out, I can't take very good photos of food. And what is a post about food without fabulous freaking photography? So I'll just post a photo of a recent meal, a Potato and Swiss Chard Galette from the really great vegetarian cookbook, Mediterranean Harvest by Martha Rose Shulman. I've had awesomely consistent luck with this cookbook. A lot of the recipes contain gruyere, so obviously they are going to be good.


Now that I'm looking at the photo it looks sort of small, but this galette was quite large. That is a big ol' tray.

In home improvement news, I've been busy as a bee painting our living/dining room. I just need to finish up the trim and do a little lot of touching up. Then I will do a happy dance and probably start thinking of what I'll paint next. (Oh, who am I kidding, I already know what I'm painting next - the mud room.) But I really need to strip and paint the new old door for the family room, so that rather unfun project is next on my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...