Sunday, January 9, 2011

Roots

Yesterday I picked up some pretty root vegetables to roast up for a belated New Year's Eve celebration tonight. Aren't they lovely?
I also need to get on the ball with the dessert that I'm preparing: a tarte tatin. I have not ever made one before, but I've wanted to for quite some time. I'm using the recipe from Alice Waters' The Art of Simple Food.

Around the house I have been shamelessly ignoring my to-do list, and working on other less intimidating projects. I've cleaned out my closet, for instance. My closet now looks great, but our bedroom is full of several large items that I removed from my closet. What the heck do I do with my wedding dress? It seems sad to put it in the basement. Anyway, most of my tasks have been like this: tidying up one area really messes up another.

My other task that I've been working on is dealing with my spices. For the past three months they have been sitting on my kitchen floor in a cardboard box. Not ideal, although they've actual kept my toddler and her friends entertained for short periods of time (and you just can't put a price on that.) But seeing as how some honey or agave or some other very sticky substance seeped onto the bottom of the box, something needed to be done. I got a few of these magnetic spice canisters in my stocking:
courtesy of apartmenttherapy.com

I'm going to stock up on quite a few more of these and they will soon reside on the side of our fridge. I'll post pics in the (hopefully) near future.

1 comment:

  1. the roots are beautiful :) i don't know what to do with my wedding dress either. i am tempted to sell it. it takes up a lot of space. and if i ever have a daughter, by the time she gets married she'll probably think it's ugly, so i dunno.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...