Saturday, February 12, 2011

The trim is complete-ish.

Okay, so I still have some touching up to do on the door, and a little Gray Cashmere touch up because when I have to paint 5 meeeellion coats of paint and primer, things tend to get a little sloppy. But it looks finished in this photo, so I will share.

Here is the Before shot from our original walk through of the house (i.e., not our stuff).
And here is the After. Benjamin Moore Gray Cashmere on the walls and Chantilly Lace on the trim.
This is feeling very anticlimactic for me because I've been working on this for what feels like an eternity.  Cashmere Gray looks very gray in these photos, but in real life it has definite blue and green undertones. Most people think it leans more blue, but I see the green. I love the way it opens up the space.

Next up, I'm planning on painting the back of the little bar nook. I was thinking about doing it Martha Stewart's Kerry Blue Terrier which seems to relate well to the Gray Cashmere. But now looking at the photo above, I'm not sure. I'm worried it might be too dark. I'd like to replace the glass shelves, with white wooden shelves as well.

6 comments:

  1. Wow that looks really nice. If it weren't for the bar nook I wouldn't think it's the same house. Someday when I get through the non-fun house projects I'd like to think of paint for the bedrooms. I also had something in mind of the grayish-blue variety. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, i hadnt ever really basked in the glory of the before pics. i'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. It looks gorgeous, Dulcie. The color is really pretty, and the white trim makes the room look bright, big, and more modern. I agree about the wood shelves. Excited to see which color you pick for the nook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! The white trim is like a face lift -- but no, your dining room does not look like Joan Rivers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this! The gray we chose had a lavender undertone and when I went online to choose another gray, your FAB dining room came up! It was between Seattle Gray and Gray Cashmere and your post helped me make the decision. Thanks for pointing out the green undertone, which is what I prefer. Your room looks great!

    Jazz

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...