Monday, June 10, 2013

Palladian Blue in the Breakfast Nook

Has it really been over two years since I have posted? Yes, it really has. And I did not know that I would post here again. I am quite simply completely overblogged. But suddenly I have all these photos of updates I have made to the house over the past couple of years, and if this blog does nothing else for the vast Internet, it does supply some real photos of paint colors. So I bring you Benjamin Moore Palladian Blue.

I realized that I have done all my painting in the kitchen after my last blog post, and I have appreciated it every day since I have done it.

Here is the before picture that I snapped on my walk through of the house before we bought it. You can see the cozy little scene the realtor set up, allowing me to imagine myself sipping coffee whilst sitting on tiny patio furniture in my kitchen.


Here is what the kitchen looks like now. Walls are painted with Benjamin Moore Palladian Blue, and wainscoting is painted with Benjamin Moore Chantilly Lace.

We also changed out the light fixture to this vaguely nautical one which makes me happy. The chairs weigh about 3 tons each and were purchased for $15 total from some lady who sells vintage stuff. I think they must have come from a school or some institution where they value things that are indestructible. I did paint them as they were a terrible maroon color when I got them.

I know what you are here for is the Palladian Blue. Yes, it is all they say it is. Beautiful, beachy, a little blue and a little green (anything remotely teal is my favorite). Try it, you may just love it.



2 comments:

  1. Love your calendar. Where is it from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diana! It is a Stendig calendar. Google it to find retailers!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...