Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Woodlawn Blue in the Foyer (redux)

I posted a bit of a before and after on the foyer a long time ago, but as I am now doing a series of before and after, I figure it is worth a revisit.
The before pictures are scary, but here you go. Knotty pine at its worst. I didn't take very good photos because these were at our initial walk-through and I may have been trying to avert my eyes. Can you imagine this being the first thing that you saw when you walked into the house? Can you believe that we bought it? Well, nothing like the power of a little primer and paint.



 Oh boy. Are you still with me? Because I wouldn't blame you if you clicked away. Let us quickly get onto the After shots. So Woodlawn Blue on the walls over two coats of Zinsser B.I.N. Primer. If you are painting knotty pine, you must use a shellack-based primer! It is a beast to work with as far as smell and clean up, but you have to use it. Think how sad you would be if those pine knots started bleeding sap through your paint! (And they would. Oh, yes, they would.)

Oh, right AFTER.



This is my kind of DIY: Painting and hanging hooks. The back of the front door is one of my favorite changes: Benjamin Moore Raccoon Fur. How could you not love a paint color called Raccoon Fur? Walls are Benjamin Moore Woodlawn Blue, and the trim is Benjamin Moore Chantilly Lace. The hooks and copper boot tray are from Target.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...