Sunday, July 21, 2013

Dining Room Chandelier

As I posted about previously, I finally got around to ordering a light fixture to replace the exceedingly boring Home Depot fixture that we've been living with for a few years. I was a little nervous ordering the chandelier site unseen, because it was a suspiciously affordable fixture from Restoration Hardware. Restoration Hardware Baby & Child, but Restoration Hardware nonetheless.

When I first opened the box, I was disappointed. Every strand of crystal was wrapped up, and all you could see was the metal which was not looking the way I expected. I don't know why I thought it would be white when the website clearly states gray. But somehow I took away from the photos that they would be a distressed white. Instead, they are a distressed putty or greige (shudder) just like everything else you see in the RH catalogs. Why should I have been surprised? It looked like it was awaiting a paint job instead of being a finished product.


Ultimately, I unwrapped all the strands of crystal and it no longer looked so blah. The greige ended up looking like a nice neutral and the crystal gives off a good amount of sparkle (without being too much.) I love the French Empire shape and, as I had hoped, I think it blends into the space. Certainly, much better than its predecessor.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...